Home > Apps > RPG Scribe > Updates
We are very dedicated to make RPG Scribe even better!
Version 2.4.8 (July 2017)
- Fixed some crashes and other bugs.
Version 2.4.7 (June 2017)
- Psion's missing discipline selection is back again.
Version 2.4.6 (June 2017)
Version 2.4.5 (May 2017)
- Natural armor is no longer included in touch AC.
- Viewing built-in description with VoiceOver should no longer crash.
Version 2.4.4 (April 2017)
- Bug fixes, including potential crash when finalizing level-up.
Version 2.4.3 (April 2017)
- Bugs have been fixed to make for a more pleasant role-playing experience.
Version 2.4.2 (April 2017)
- Added an option to force Level Up, even without sufficient XP. Tap 'i' next to the XP bar.
- Fixed some bugs.
Version 2.4.1 (March 2017)
- Bug fixes: potential crash on alphabetical spell list; issues with 'ability modifier' and 'remove previous unique feat' effects.
Version 2.4 (March 2017)
- Epic Pack is available now in RPG Store! It allows characters to go beyond level 20 and adds plenty of epic content to the database! More details available in the app.
- Revert to Previous Level and Level-Up History — you can now go back to previous level. Use it to apply permanent level loss or when you want to change some choices made during level-up. You can also view character's level-up history. Tap the 'i' icon next to XP bar. (This applies only to level-ups performed after this update.)
- Custom Special Ability Tracking — you can now add custom entries to the special ability tracking section in the Main Tab.
- Improved buckler handling — buckler now has a separate slot and can be used when a weapon is held in off-hand.
- Improved prestige class spellcasting advancement — prestige class that advance spellcasting of non-prestige classes can now advance any elligible class taken before this prestige class. You can select which class is advanced in the first step of the level-up.
- Fresh new class icons!
- Magic school specialization can now be changed any time on the character sheet.
- Effects improvement — multiple instances of the same effect can be granted by a single source as long as they have different modifier types.
- Built-in items in the database can now be cloned as custom.
- Rapid Reload feat now correctly requires a crossbow type selection. If you have taken this feat, please remove it and add it again.
- Other improvements: items price can be 7 digits long, metamagic effect can have a fixed value 0.
- Bug fixes and other minor enhancements.
Version 2.3.7 (March 2017)
- Fixed potential crash when changing class skill override option.
- Minor VoiceOver improvements in the main tab.
Version 2.3.6 (February 2017)
- Fixed potential crashes: when removing a character group, when adding a feat.
- Fixed some issues with initiative, spell and power resistance modifiers.
Version 2.3.5 (February 2017)
- Ammo tracking UI improvements: tap the row to show quiver directly from the main tab; adjust ammo quantities directly in quiver view.
- Bug fixes: 'Remove previous unique feat' effect works again; fixed the potential disappearing of unique bonus feats of a custom race; fixed possible crash on iPad when changing orientation; fixed possible crash when adjusting weight with VoiceOver on.
Version 2.3.4 (February 2017)
- Size modifier is again correctly included in AC.
- Expanded Knowledge can be selected as potential bonus feat for a custom class (Psionic Pack).
Version 2.3.3 (January 2017)
- One prestige class limit has been removed!
- Fresh new magic school icons.
- Fixed some bugs and crashes in effect creator.
Version 2.3.2 (January 2017)
- Multiclass XP penalty is now presented when you tap 'i' icon next to XP bar.
- Custom land speed modifier will now save correctly.
- Other bug fixes and improved VoiceOver support.
Version 2.3.1 (January 2017)
- Now any spell can be added to the spellbook;
- Lower level spells can now be prepared in higher level slots;
- Exporting / print as text: spell and power resistance, damage reduction, fortification and magic bag contents are now included;
- Increased range of fortification effect, added silver and adamantine to damage reduction;
- A few bug-fixes.
Version 2.3 (December 2016)
- Items of all types can now be saved in the database so you can easily reuse them. We’ve already added some magic items to the database for you.
- When adding an effect you can now specify modifier’s type (e.g. luck, insight, competence) with correct stacking.
- New item type is available — magic bag (Bag of Holding).
- We’ve added support for 3D Touch.
- New field are now presented in the main tab: spell resistance, power resistance, damage reduction and fortification.
- You can now view a detailed breakdown of attack bonus and damage modifier for any available attack.
- You can now apply negative levels (tap the info icon next to the XP bar)
- We’ve made some improvements to the land speed: added custom modifier; reduced minimal increment from 10 to 5 ft; increased range of racial speed, now: 5 - 120 ft.
- You can now add new effects: land speed modifier, spell resistance, power resistance, damage reduction, fortification, attack bonus, damage modifier.
- When the editing of custom database item is cancelled, the app will ask for confirmation, if any changes were made.
- Various minor UI tweaks.
- iOS 9 or later required.
Rlyeh Industry wishes you Merry Christmas!
Version 2.2.6 (December 2016)
- Fixed a bug that could cause a loss of recent changes and some weird behavior in the character sheet.
- Fixed a potential crash when deleting custom powers (Psionic Pack).
Version 2.2.5 (December 2016)
- Fixed a few issues with item creation and editing, including inability to edit weight of some items.
- Fixed some rare crashes when buying skill ranks and items.
Version 2.2.4 (December 2016)
Version 2.2.3 (November 2016)
- Fixed instances of incorrectly calculated use counts of special abilities;
- Fixed issues with custom classes with more than one bonus feat selections.
Version 2.2.2 (November 2016)
- Fixed alphabetic power lists (Psionic Pack).
Version 2.2.1 (October 2016)
- This update contains various minor bug fixes including shield bash attack customization.
Version 2.2 (October 2016)
- You can now define bonus feat selections for custom classes & races.
- Built-in race can be cloned (and edited) as custom race. (classes later on)
- New item types: wands, scrolls, staves & rods. Usage of spellcasting items can be tracked in the main tab.
- Added following fields for most items: aura, caster level, description.
- Staves & rods can be optionally used as weapons.
- Shield bash is now presented in attacks. Shield can be marked as having spikes.
- Custom feat can be marked as fighter bonus feat.
- It is now possible to remove domains from character.
- New effect types: base attack bonus modifier, weapon familiarity.
- New prerequisite types: alignment, base save bonus, granting class level (bonus feats only).
- Source is now presented for granted feat.
- Increased item weight limits, item's price can now be 6 digits long.
- Some bug fixes & minor UI enhancements.
Version 2.1.3 (September 2016)
- This is an emergency update which fixes level-up freezing on iOS10. (but a proper update should be available soon)
Version 2.1.2 (August 2016)
- Fixed adding of custom powers to powers known (psionic pack);
- It is no longer possible to add custom spells from forbidden schools (such spells will be removed if added previously);
- It is now possible to select custom metamagic/item creation feats as wizard’s bonus feat;
- A few fixes in randomizer.
Version 2.1.1 (July 2016)
- Added ability to print or export character as plain text;
- Added more options in Randomizer;
- You can now override unarmed strike damage (tap corresponding attack in the main tab);
- Minor enhancements in spells;
- Bug fixes including some rare crashes on iOS 8.
Version 2.1 (July 2016)
- Special ability tracking (e.g. uses of Rage, Lay on Hands, etc.);
- You can now add unlimited number of custom variants of Craft, Knowledge and Perform skills;
- Class and racial features now have brief descriptions;
- Improved presentation of skills: class skills are more prominent, skill variants are now folded;
- You can now quickly jump to creation/level-up steps on iPhones with 4.7-inch or larger screens;
- Added land speed inspector;
- Tap item -> Value -> [↑] -> Appraise to reveal estimated value;
- Items can now be unequipped directly from item inspector;
- Custom domains can now grant effects/feats on class levels above 1st;
- Some refreshed graphics;
- Bug fixes.
Version 2.0.3 (June 2016)
- Bug fixes, including: skills not affected by armor, issues with some manifesting and spellcasting classes;
- RPG Scribe Pathfinder is coming soon! Learn more and get notified by taping the banner. (You can easily remove the banner if you're not interested)
Version 2.0.2 (May 2016)
- Improved VoiceOver support;
- Bug fixes and stability improvements.
Version 2.0.1 (April 2016)
- Corrected loading of characters which use custom spellcasting classes created in older versions;
- If such character was opened in version 2.0, this update will restore spellcasting ability but information on known and prepared spells may be lost and must be entered again (apologies for that);
- Fixed crash when assigning characters to group when All Groups are displayed;
- Fixed incorrect class info screens when picking class in level-up;
- Cleric & Druid will no longer incorrectly gain 10th level of spells.
Version 2.0 (April 2016)
Custom class enhancements:
- Custom class can now manifest powers (Psionic Pack);
- Custom prestige class can now expand spellcasting or manifesting capabilities of the base class;
- Character Groups – you can now assign characters to groups and view selected group only;
- Enter Existing Character – new creation mode which makes it easier to enter existing character (e.g. from paper sheet);
- Redesigned 'Spells' tab;
- 'Other' & 'Appearance' tabs integrated into 'Main' tab;
- 'Equipment' tab integrated into 'Inventory' tab;
- Powers are now in separate tab (Psionic Pack);
- You can move item to backpack / storage or clone it from item inspector;
- You can now switch between character sheet and database directly;
- New ability & tab icons;
- Numerous other minor changes;
- You can now search when picking spells;
- Feats now have brief descriptions;
- Psionic Body effects are now implemented (Psionic Pack);
- Bug fixes including incorrect categorization of imported database items
- Requires iOS 8 or later(!).
Version 1.12.3 (January 2016)
- UI fixes for devices running iOS 9 (mainly in 'Skills' tab)
Version 1.12.2 (January 2016)
- Bug fixes including: issues with custom spell-caster classes, possible crash when loading older characters, possible crash when selecting specialization, inability to edit weapon's primary damage, spells per day management;
- Spell list can now be accessed from class information view (also for custom spell-casters).
Version 1.12.1 (January 2016)
- Bug fixes including: crash when creating or leveling-up a manifesting (psionic) character, issues with Blackguard's & Assassin's spells, incorrect ranks in skill inspector.
Version 1.12 (December 2015)
- Spellcasting support for custom classes!
- Ability to transfer inventory items between characters;
- Various stat inspectors now present modifier sources in more detail (usually presented as 'miscellaneous' before);
- Search is now available when picking a feat (scroll up);
- Random character generator now correctly respects 'Allow Psionic' option (visible with Psionic Pack);
- Other minor bug fixes.
Version 1.11 (September 2015)
Custom class enhancements pt. 1:
- New effects for granted unique feats: 'Sneak Attack (Grant/Improve)', 'Remove Previous Unique Feat';
- 5 New requirement types for prestige classes (auto-verifiable);
- Granted effects/feats can be reordered;
- Granted unique feats can be edited;
- Unique feats can now be designated as 'Ex', 'Su', 'Sp' or 'Ps';
- 4 New prerequisite types for custom feats (auto-verifiable);
- Any custom database item can now be cloned;
- Monk's and Paladin's muti-classing restrictions are no longer enforced;
- Minor UI adjustments;
- iOS 9 compatibility.
Version 1.10.2 (July 2015)
- Fixes an issue that prevented feats from being removed from character and improves stability.
Version 1.10.1 (July 2015)
- Fixes an issue that caused the app to crash on iPod Touch.
Version 1.10 (June 2015)
Import or export your characters and custom database items to iCloud Drive (or other provider, iOS8+) or iTunes (iOS6+). You can use this function to:
- Copy data between your devices (works with RPG Scribe HD too!)
- Exchange data with your friends or anyone in the world.
- Backup your data.
- (find this feature at the bottom of the character list)
- Built-in spells and powers now have fields like: casting time, range, etc. right on the information screen.
- Added missing fields to custom spells and powers (effect, area).
Version 1.9 (March 2015)
- Character Randomizer – easily create random characters at any level and have some fun in the process! (experimental feature)
- New fields in custom spells & powers like: casting time, range, etc.
- Edit full descriptions of custom database items and view them the same way as built-in descriptions.
- Bug fixes.
Version 1.8.5 (November 2014)
- Support for iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Plus.
- Bug fixes & minor UI enhancements.
- iOS 8 compatiblity.
- iOS 6.1 or later required.
Version 1.8.4 (November 2013)
- Bug fixes including: crash when adding metamagic improvement effect, chosen languages not saving properly, UI glitches.
- Dynamic character creation / level-up: irrelevant steps are not presented.
- Improved scroll performance when choosing wizard's spells.
- Minor UI tweaks.
Version 1.8.3 (September 2013)
- Compatibility with iOS7 with refreshed look.
- Languages: character's languages management in 'Other' tab, related section in the database (customizable) and new racial effect.
- Minor UI tweaks for all supported iOS versions (5.1+).
- Bug fixes including: coinage weight, item editing, 'Rest'.
Version 1.8.2 (March 2013)
- Bug fixes: crash in 'Database'->'Other'->'Base Attack Bonus', weapon price calculation.
- Added separate built-in descriptions for granted feats (class features).
Version 1.8.1 (March 2013)
- Bug fixes including: feat prerequisites, custom BAB modifier, custom class skills and other.
Version 1.8 (March 2013)
- Custom classes! (but currently without spell or power management)
- New 'Appearance' tab with fields like: gender, age, height, etc.
- Deity and homeland fields added in 'Other' tab.
- Custom race can now grant feats. You can now select multiple favored classes.
- You can now add prerequisites for custom feats (textual).
- Online descriptions for all weapon, armor and shield types.
- Monk's Flurry of Blows reflected in the 'Attacks' section.
- Reorganized UI: rest button now available at upper-left corner of both 'Main' and 'Spells' tab; proficiency list moved to 'Feats' tab.
- Bug fixes.
- iOS 5.1 or later required.
Version 1.7.1 (January 2013)
- Added additional damage for weapons with editable damage type name.
- Attack Inspector which allows to customize attack bonus and damage, and view associated weapon (if applies).
- Fixed issues with psionic classes (Psionic Pack).
- Other bug fixes.
Version 1.7 (December 2012)
- Psionic Pack available as in-app purchase which includes support for psionic characters and tons of additional content!
- Ammo tracking!
- Added price information for weapons, armor, shields and common item.
- Added option to 'buy' an item with suggested price calculation.
- Added editable 'value' property to items.
- Added strength rating for composite bows.
- Database: common items can be searched, feats are presented hierarchically.
- Bug fixes & minor UI enhancements.
- iOS 5.0 or later required.
Version 1.6 (October 2012)
- Custom spells.
- Completely redesigned Main tab.
- Preparing spells with metamagic feats.
- Ability to add or remove known spells from spellbook any time.
- Improved weapons: added range increment, more flexible critical editing, built-in descriptions.
- Editable base ability scores, base hit points, custom base attack bonus modifier.
- Convenient brief descriptions for spells.
- Item inspector accessible from Equipment tab.
- Validation step added to character creation and level-up.
- Custom database items editable from search.
- Added option to sell an item.
- Support for iOS6 and 4-inch display (iPhone 5, 5th generation iPod Touch).
- Other UI enhancements & bug fixes.
Version 1.5.2 (August 2012)
- Support for large characters and equipment.
- Skill points unused during level-up can be used later: during next level-up or any time (see below).
- Skill ranks can be adjusted any time – either arbitrarily or by using skill points remaining from previous level-up.
- It is now possible to mark a skill as class or cross-class, no matter if it's being granted by any class or not.
- Character's size can be changed arbitrarily, regardless of race.
- Support for metric unit system. (Unit system selected automatically, can be changed in options.)
- Custom race can now grant both special vision types.
- Bug fixes and minor user interface adjustments.
Version 1.5.1 (April 2012)
- Fixed stability issue with custom skill editing.
- Fixed problem with 'Martial weapon proficiency (all)' requirement not respecting custom race effects.
Version 1.5 (March 2012)
Customization Pack 4 – with this update we deliver another part of the content customization features. More to come!
- Custom Weapons
You can now add your own weapon types to the database.
- Custom Armors & Shields
It is now possible to add custom armor and shield types to the database.
- Custom Domains
It is now possible to extend the built-in collection of cleric's domains with your own.
- Inventory Enhancement
Inventory is now divided in two sections: backpack and storage. Backpack contains items which the character is carrying with him while storage contains all other possessions which don't contribute to the character's carrying weight. Tap 'Edit' and just drag the item into desired section.
Custom race can now grant extra skill points (like Human does).
Version 1.4 (December 2011)
Customization Pack 3 – with this update we deliver another part of the content customization features. More to come!
- Custom Feats
You can now extend the collection of built-in feats with your own. Use database section to add feats shared across multiple characters. In the character sheet you can also add 'Ad-Hoc' feats specific for this character.
- Built-In Descriptions
Now you can access both off-line and on-line descriptions of database items. Off-line descriptions are faster, always available and optimized for readability. (Especially useful for spellcasters)
Minor bug fixes.
Version 1.3.2 (October 2011)
- Improved compatibility with iOS 5.
- Minor UI enhancements.
- iOS 4.0 or later required.
Version 1.3.1 (September 2011)
- Fixes the problem introduced in version 1.3 which caused the characters to disappear.
Version 1.3 (September 2011)
Customization Pack 2 – with this update we deliver the second part of the content customization features. More to come!
- Custom Races
You can now add your own races to the database and, of course, use them with your character. You can fully customize what benefits such race brings to your character. (monster races are not yet supported)
- Magic Items
You can now add magic effects to weapons, shields or any wearable items. Effects are automatically applied when the item is equipped.
- Add Feats Any Time
It is now possible to give your character a new feat at any moment, not only during level-up. You can also remove any feat that was given before.
- Custom Skills Improvement
It is now possible to specify for which classes your skill is a class skill.
New and enhanced artwork, UI enhancements, and more...
Version 1.2 (July 2011)
Customization Pack 1 – with this update we deliver the first part of the content customization features. More to come!
- Custom Skills
You can now add your own skills to the database and use them with your characters just the same way as built-in skills.
- Custom Common Items
Now it's also possible to add your own common items to the database, which can be used as blueprints when adding new item to the inventory.
- Grapple Support
The main tab now features grapple bonus (attack bonus on grapple check) and damage. The bonus can be customized.
- New Icons for Inventory Items
When adding a regular item to the inventory (not wearable), you can now customize its icon (10 new icons to chose from).
- Hide Cross-class Skills
You can now toggle between viewing all and class only skills on you character's skill list.
- Other Changes
Customizable initiative modifier, distinctive icon for ranged weapons, updated database search, fixed presentation of skill tags during level-up.
Version 1.1 (February 2011)
- Add Character's Proficiencies
Character can now be granted proficiency with any weapon using 'Proficiency' tab. Just tap green plus button next to non-proficient weapon's name. (removed – add proficiencies with feats)
- Unarmed Strike
Unarmed Strike can now be selected for feats like "Weapon Focus". It is now also affected by "Weapon Finesse" feat.
- Race Icons
Added beautiful new race icons. Also check out larger artwork on race information screen.
- Item's Size Auto-match
When adding a new item, its size can now be automatically set to match character's size. Turn this feature on in the 'Options' menu. Additional size mismatch warnings added when equipping item.
- Jump Skill
Jump skill modifier is now affected by character's speed.
- Editable Skill Tags
Tags for skills like "Craft(...)" can now be customized. Just tap the skill at 'Skills' tab.
Minor presentation enhancements. Click sound on custom keyboards. Fixed rarely occurring application crash.
↑ back to top
Copyright © 2010-2021 Rlyeh Industry. All rights reserved.